Best Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 9 3900X in 2020
The AMD Ryzen 9 3900X is a robust processor, but it surely’s solely in a position to hit its full potential with the motherboard. We rounded up a few of the finest motherboards to make use of with the processor.
The Ryzen 9 3900X is the penultimate third-gen Ryzen CPU from AMD, topped solely by the 16-core/32-thread Ryzen 9 3950X. This 12-core CPU excels at productiveness duties however it’s additionally fairly good gaming CPU, and it’ll solely get higher at video games as soon as next-gen consoles come out and builders begin optimizing video games for extra cores and threads.
AMD charges the Ryzen 9 3900X at 105 watts. This implies you’ll want a high-quality board for this CPU. The excellent news is that there are a number of funds fashions with high-quality sufficient VRM that may assist this CPU. In fact, there’s a bunch of X570 fashions that may match the invoice however we sifted by way of the providing and included the very best picks on this record. We’ve additionally discovered a high-quality mATX board and a few glorious Mini-ITX motherboards.
Simply do not forget that, finally, all of it comes right down to options. Some high-quality B450 boards are sufficient for the 3900X however they often don’t include superior options. Stuff like three M.2 slots, assist for 128 GB of reminiscence, assist for ultra-fast reminiscence, Flash BIOS and Clear CMOS choices, armored M.2 slots, a bunch of heatsinks masking many of the board, flashy RGB, high-end audio part, SLI assist and three PCIe x16 slots, PCIe 4.0 assist or effectively populated again panel.
Best Selling Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Best X470: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F
- Powered by AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 and 7th generation Athlon processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual NVMe M.2, front panel USB 3.1 Gen2 and Gigabit LAN
- 5 Way Optimization with Auto Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, 2 RGB headers and one addressable RGB header
- Pre mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality. ROG RAMCache II. 256 Megabytes Flash ROM. Operating System Windows 10 64 bit
- Industry leading 8 channel HD audio driven by Japanese capacitors features an onboard LED illuminated design
Premium X570: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
- Amd AM4 socket: ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD stored
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm Heatpipe, Dual on-board M. 2 heatsinks and a water pump Header
- Gaming connectivity: supports PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 2 and features dual M. 2 and USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2. 5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet With ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V
Budget B450: ASRock B450M Steel Legend
- CPU: Socket AM4, Digi Power design, 6 Power Phase design, Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge); Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge); Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450. OS - Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Slots: 6x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one run at x8, three runs at x4, one run at x2), 4x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots
- Supports DDR4 3533+ (OC)
- 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
Entry X570: ASUS Prime X570-P
- Enhanced power solution: components provide better power efficiency
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pump, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports
- Aura Sync RGB header: synchronize RGB header with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including next-gen addressable RGB strips
Enthusiast Build: ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
- Amd AM4 socket: ready for 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2, and AMD storemi to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: integrated cross Chill EK III, active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 5G and Gigabit Ethernet courtesy of aquatic and Intel, both with Asus Languid protection and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Diy friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus safe Slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
Why Choose the Ryzen 9 3900X?
The Ryzen 9 3900X is a productivity beast. Its 12-core/24-thread design permits it to run circles across the Core i9 9900K in virtually each productiveness benchmark. When you use your PC for work and never only for video games, the 3900X is significantly better funding than the Core i9 9900k.
The CPU stays behind the 9900K on the subject of video games nevertheless it holds its floor and is completely appropriate for high-refresh-rate gaming, each at 1080p and 1440p. When you use your PC completely for gaming getting a Core i9 9900K – or perhaps even Core i7 9700K – might be a greater concept.
However, do not forget that the Ryzen 9 3900X has 12 cores, which ought to give it an edge in future video games, which is able to most undoubtedly be optimized for many cores and threads. The one space the place the Ryzen 9 3900X falls behind Intel CPUs is its overclocking potential. However, that’s the factor with all third-gen Ryzen CPUs. They only aren’t designed with excessive overclocking in thoughts.