Intro to Bluetooth Low Energy: The easiest way to learn BLE
Bluetooth Low Vitality (BLE) is an thrilling new know-how that was launched in 2010. It targets purposes within the Web of Issues (IoT) area. With the latest launch of Bluetooth 5 in late 2016 and Bluetooth mesh in mid-2017 (which builds on top of BLE), Bluetooth is now extra succesful than ever of changing into the usual wi-fi protocol utilized in many IoT purposes together with: good houses, good cities, medical devices, wearables, and sensor connectivity.
Studying a brand new know-how is at all times difficult and often comes with a studying curve. Some applied sciences are simpler to study than others. Sadly, Bluetooth Low Vitality (BLE) could be a type of laborious ones. The shortage of fine sources together with blogs, tutorials, and up-to-date books that assist a newbie to study BLE, makes the duty much more troublesome.
That’s, actually, the first aim of this ebook: to give you an entire understanding of the fundamentals and core ideas of BLE you can study in a single weekend.
Here is a tiny listing of the advantages this ebook will make it easier to obtain:
- Perceive what Bluetooth Low Vitality is and the way it compares to Bluetooth Traditional.
- Grow to be higher knowledgeable in regards to the use instances the place BLE makes probably the most sense.
- Be taught all about Bluetooth 5 and the brand new options it introduced us.
- Perceive how two BLE devices uncover and join with one another.
- Perceive how BLE devices change and switch information between one another.
- Absolutely grasp ideas corresponding to Peripherals, Centrals, Promoting, Connections, GATT, GAP, and lots of others.
- Be taught in regards to the newly launched Bluetooth mesh commonplace.
Experienced engineers should be able to read and comprehend this short book in a single day if they are diligent. It summarizes the key characteristics of the Bluetooth Low Energy standard, as well as providing a brief overview of the Bluetooth Mesh standard. There is a good flow to the content.
The presentation is straightforward. According to the author, the goal of the book is to “assist you in learning the most important fundamentals and core concepts of BLE in a single weekend!” I believe he has been successful in accomplishing this goal.
What readers are saying
“I purchased your BLE ebook and I like it. I’m an iOS developer and your materials helped me perceive a few of the finer factors of BLE”
-Alex Carrizo, Senior iOS Developer, iOS SME at Cell Apps Firm
- The fundamentals of Bluetooth Low Vitality & Bluetooth 5.0.
- The distinction between BLE and Bluetooth Traditional (the one used for streaming audio and connecting headsets).
- The advantages and limitations of utilizing BLE and which use instances take advantage of sense for BLE.
- The distinction between a BLE Central and a BLE Peripheral.
- All about GATT (Generic Attribute Profile) and GAP (Generic Entry Profile).
- How Bluetooth 5 achieves double the speed, 4 occasions the vary, and eight occasions the promoting capability.
- How BLE devices promote and uncover one another.
- How two BLE devices join to one another.
- How BLE devices change and switch information between one another.
- Profiles, Companies, and Traits.
- How safe BLE is, and the way BLE devices safe the communication channel between them.
- The totally different connection and promoting parameters and what every of them means.
- An introduction to Bluetooth mesh.
Concerning the Creator
Mohammad Afaneh has been an embedded engineer for over 10 years. Since 2014, he has centered solely on studying and growing Bluetooth Low Vitality purposes. He even spent days and weeks studying by the two,800+ web page Bluetooth specification doc in search of solutions to questions he couldn’t discover solutions to in different books and sources. He shares every thing he is aware of about improvement for BLE know-how at his web site http://www.novelbits.io, and by way of coaching lessons world wide.
(as of May 28,2020 11:39:10 UTC – Particulars)